Recommend an Announcement
SIU Today is the primary medium for faculty and staff news and announcements. SIU Today has two components:
- A public website for the university community
- A bi-weekly email to faculty and staff that is delivered on Mondays and Thursdays
Information submitted through the SIU Today form will be considered for either or both components.
- Announcements must relate to official university business or to university-sponsored activities for faculty and staff or the entire university community.
- Announcements that will not be accepted include information that is solely student-oriented; job postings; business advertisements (on or off campus); announcements for conferences, events or organizations not sponsored by the university; and messages directed to a limited audience. Because of privacy issues, SIU Today cannot run death notices.
- Announcements about grants and gifts will be verified with appropriate administrative offices.
- Announcements about administrative and academic appointments will be developed by University Communications and Marketing in consultation with appropriate administrative offices. You do not need to submit them to SIU Today.
- Please submit announcements only once.
- University Communications and Marketing reserves the right to edit content and to decline the use of any submission.
Submit information that is tied to a specific date or deadline at least two weeks in advance of the date. This will ensure that we have time to share your information with the widest audience, and will give all of our audiences enough time to plan their schedules.
SIU Today emails will not be sent when the university is closed for a holiday, break or other reason.
Contact us at email@example.com