October 22, 2020
Media Advisory – SIU Carbondale has experts available to discuss Supreme Court confirmation
With the anticipated votes in the U.S. Senate over the next few days on the confirmation of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court, several constitutional law and political experts from Southern Illinois University Carbondale are available to discuss the judicial and political impact. Their specialties include political polarization, judicial decision making, presidential politics, the First Amendment, immigration law and more.
Constitutional law experts from the SIU School of Law who are available to provide additional insight on what Barrett’s confirmation might mean for the court are:
- Professor Cindy Buys at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-453-8743.
- Professor Cynthia Fountaine at email@example.com or 618-453-8785.
- Associate Dean and Associate Professor Steven J. Macias at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-536-8464.
Available to discuss the political aspects from the confirmation are experts from the Department of Political Science and the Paul Simon Public Policy Institute. They include:
- Benjamin Bricker, associate professor of political science, at email@example.com or 202-664-3873.
- Scott Comparato, associate professor of political science, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-453-1154.
- John Jackson, Paul Simon Public Policy Institute visiting professor, at email@example.com or 618-303-1240.
- John T. Shaw, director, Paul Simon Public Policy Institute, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-453-4009.