October 15, 2020
Faculty and Staff Excellence Awards virtual program is Nov. 2
Southern Illinois University will celebrate the accomplishments of the 2020 Faculty and Staff Excellence Award recipients with a virtual ceremony at 2 p.m. Nov. 2.
Chancellor Austin A. Lane will honor the seven faculty and staff members for their superior scholarship, teaching and service. The presentations are typically in the spring, but this year, they were postponed and moved a virtual setting due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A link to the live ceremony will be posted at excellenceawards.siu.edu.
This year’s recipients, with linked stories, are:
- Scholar Excellence Award – Boyd M. Goodson, professor of chemistry and biochemistry and acting associate dean, College of Agricultural, Life, and Physical Sciences.
- Teaching Excellence Award, tenured and tenure-track – Angela K. Upchurch, professor, School of Law.
- Teaching Excellence Award, non-tenure track – James A. Wall, senior lecturer, Radio, Television, and Digital Media, College of Mass Communication and Media Arts.
- Early Career Faculty Excellence Award – Pravas Deria, assistant professor, chemistry and biochemistry, College of Agricultural, Life, and Physical Sciences.
- Women of Distinction Award – Jaime A. Clark, associate director, SIU Counseling and Psychological Services.
- Staff Excellence Award – Renada D. Greer, assistant dean of students, Student Support Services.
- Staff Excellence Award -- Julie Virgo, business manager, College of Agricultural, Life, and Physical Sciences.