October 15, 2019
SIU students and faculty earn Shrode photography competition nominations
CARBONDALE, Ill. — Six Southern Illinois University Carbondale students and one faculty member have had their respective work selected for the 2019 Shrode Photography Competition Exhibition.
The exhibit at the Cedarhurst Center for the Arts in Mount Vernon runs from Monday, Oct. 21 to Dec. 30. An opening reception is at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, with the top award winners in the juried competition announced at 7 p.m.
The students and faculty whose work is in the competition are:"
- Evelyn Aden, graduate student, professional media and media management studies; 2018 cinema and photography graduate.
- Brooke Deiters, senior, cinema and photography.
- Damonte Nelson, junior cinema and photography.
- Mark Nycz, graduate student, professional media and media management studies.
- Leah Sutton, sophomore, art.
- Nicholas Wilkerson, senior, cinema and photography.
- D. Motyl, chair, cinema and photography.
The juried competition is open to artists in the region who live south of Interstate 70 including Charleston. Media accepted included photography created with film and digital images. A total of 41 pieces of work by 33 artists were accepted from 155 submitted photographs by 53 artists.