August 01, 2019
‘The More You Know’ event set for Wednesday
Faculty and staff are invited to the inaugural “The More You Know” fair on Wednesday in the Student Services Building, Rooms 150 and 160.
The fair will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and highlight different programs, services, discounts, memberships and opportunities available to SIU Carbondale faculty and staff. The program is the first in a news series designed to provide faculty and staff with information about the many opportunities available on campus and through statewide programs. In addition to valuable information being shared, giveaways and handouts also will be available.
Participating organizations include:
- 403B Retirement Plans: Pre-tax retirement plans available to employees via payroll deduction with Morgan Stanley and TIAA.
- Morris Library: Employees have access to checkout Morris Library’s more than 2.6 million volumes. In addition to books, this includes movies, music, ebooks and other resources. They will have a 3D printer onsite.
- Saluki Athletics: Learn about upcoming faculty and staff appreciation events and the Brown Dawg Kids Club. Collect team posters and schedules.
- SIU Credit Union: Talk to representatives about the services they provide to employees as SIU’s Credit Union.
- SIU Extended Campus: Extended Campus offers many classes and bachelor’s and master’s degree programs that can be completed online and are designed for flexible schedules. In addition to credit courses, online certificate and non-degree programs are available.
- SIU Human Resources:
- Benefits -- Save the dates for upcoming flu shots clinics and the SURS Retirement General Presentation.
- Employment -- Information on applying for jobs in HireTouch, building your profile and updating your employment application.
- Records --The Employee and Dependent Tuition Waivers are a great benefit for university faculty and staff. Find out how you apply for the tuition waivers. For this event, the admission application fees will be waived.
- SIU Office of Innovation and Economic Development: There are many interesting programs and services in the Office of Innovation and Economic Development, including the Small Business Development Center, Research Park and much more! Stop by their table for a free green screen photo that can place you in a variety of different locations on campus!
- SIU Printing and Duplicating: Learn more about the new printing technologies available to departments and the community.
- SIU Undergraduate Admissions:
- Take a class – The application fee will be waived for employees who register for a class this fall. You will be able to apply onsite!
- And other programs and services available to employees.
Door prizes include Saluki football and basketball tickets, Bluetooth speakers courtesy of SIU Credit Union and more!