January 24, 2019
Volunteer Fair next week will highlight available opportunities
Faculty, staff and students have the opportunity to learn more about local organizations and their volunteer needs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Student Center Art Gallery.
More than 20 community groups will be on hand to share their respective missions and show how volunteers can participate in their efforts. This is also an opportunity for students to earn service hours for registered students organizations, classes and scholarships.
The Center for Service Learning and Volunteerism is sponsoring the event. Participating organizations include:
- African American Museum of Southern Illinois.
- American Red Cross.
- Autism Society of Southern Illinois.
- Boys and Girls Club of Carbondale.
- Carbondale Main Street.
- Church Women United/Sale to Fight World Hunger.
- For Kids’ Sake.
- Green Earth.
- Jackson-Union County Habitat for Humanity.
- Keep Carbondale Beautiful.
- Land of Lincoln AmeriCorps.
- National MS Society.
- SIU Office of Sustainability.
- SIU Student Recreation Center.
- Southern Illinois AIDS Coalition.
- Southern Illinois Wellness.
- Special Olympics Illinois.
- Specialized Equine Services.
- Andrew's Episcopal Church.
- The Big Event.
- The Women's Center.
- Touch of Nature Environmental Center.
- WSIU and SIRIS.