November 05, 2018
Students will share their thoughts on diversity and inclusion
Six undergraduate students will share their thoughts on diversity and inclusion in a public forum next week in the Student Center Auditorium.
The forum is from 7 to 8 p.m., Nov. 13. The event is free and open to the public.
Each semester the Department of Communication Studies and the Society for Civil Discourse, who sponsor the event, are given a platform to discuss topics selected by undergraduate and graduate students.
This semester’s topic is “Diversity and Inclusion: What Does It Mean to You?”
The speakers were chosen from among 20 students who auditioned. Students who will be speaking, with majors and year in school, are:
- Anna Birsa. Spanish, freshman.
- Sarah Hagen, physics, junior.
- Leah Hall, animal science, freshman.
- Tessa Kerouac, aviation flight, freshman.
- Prem Rana, computer science, freshman.
- Rebecca Singer, marketing, freshman.