March 02, 2018
SIU Carbondale earns communications and marketing awards
CARBONDALE, Ill. — Southern Illinois University Carbondale won 12 awards – including five golds – in the 33rd Annual Educational Advertising Awards competition.
Sponsored by Higher Education Marketing Report, the awards program is the largest and oldest educational marketing competition in the country. This year, more than 2,250 entries were submitted from more than 1,000 colleges, universities and secondary schools from all fifty states and several foreign countries.
SIU’s winning entries and the categories they won in are:
- GOLD: Eclipse communications and marketing initiatives, special event category
- GOLD: Advertising campaign featuring SIU students from Southern Illinois, newspaper advertising/series category
- GOLD: SIU Foundation annual report, annual report category
- GOLD: Day of Giving social media campaign, social media category
- GOLD: “Forever SIU” fundraising campaign logo, logo/letterhead category
- SILVER: Student recruitment campaign materials, total recruitment package category
- SILVER: Student recruitment search piece, search pieces category
- BRONZE: Student recruitment advertising campaign, total advertising campaign category
- BRONZE: “Forever SIU” campaign video, special video category
- MERIT: Student recruitment viewbook, student viewbook category
- MERIT: Day of Giving communications and marketing campaign, special event category
- MERIT: “Forever SIU” event launch invitation, special publications category
In January, SIU won two awards in a smaller, newer digital competition sponsored by Higher Education Marketing Report. They were:
- GOLD: “Forever SIU” fundraising campaign video
- SILVER: “Forever SIU” website
Most of the award-winning entries were created by the university’s communications and marketing staff. The SIU Foundation’s campaign logo, video and website were developed in collaboration with Greatest Creative Factor, an external firm.
Judges for the Educational Advertising Awards consisted of national panels of higher education marketers, advertising creative directors, marketing and advertising professionals and the editorial board of Higher Education Marketing Report.