August 22, 2017
WSIU seeks Classic Vinyl Sale items
WSIU Public Broadcasting is seeking items for the 10th annual Classic Vinyl Sale, Sept. 22-23, in the Student Center ballrooms.
The sale is from 4 to 8 p.m., Sept. 22, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 23, and will be held in conjunction with Morris Library’s annual Book Sale.
All donations of gently used stereo equipment, record albums, CDs, DVDs, cassettes and electronic games must be in good working conditions. Donations will be accepted beginning Tuesday, Aug. 22 through Sept. 12 at several locations:
- Morris Library
- SIU Credit Union, all locations
- Wright Do-It Center, 208 S. Williams St., Murphysboro
- Du Quoin Public Library, 28 S. Washington St., Du Quoin
- Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce, 200 Potomac Blvd., Suite 4, Mount Vernon
- Olney and Richland County Chamber of Commerce, 216 E. Main St., Olney
To coordinate donation drop-offs at the SIU Communications Building or to make other arrangements, or to volunteer to sort records and help at the sale, contact Jeff Williams, WSIU Radio general manager at 618/453-6170 or Kevin Boucher, WSIU community engagement producer at 618/453-4348.
Sale proceeds will support WSIU Public Radio's programming, services, and community engagement activities. More information and updates on the sale are available here, or check WSIU Radio’s Facebook page.