November 17, 2016
‘Celebration of Campus Authors’ deadline is Dec. 8
The university will honor faculty and staff who have published books in 2015 and 2016 at a ceremony next April. The deadline to submit information to be included in the ceremony is Dec. 8.
The event is April 20 in Morris Library. To be included in the ceremony, the author’s book must meet the following criteria:
- Items must have been published in 2015 or 2016.
- Items must have been published by a recognized publisher or vendor.
- Items include complete books or e-books (monographs).
- Items include subsequent editions for which one author was an active employee of SIU in 2015 or 2016.
- At least one co-author must have been an active SIU Carbondale employee in 2015 or 2016.
Items not included are:
- Book chapters
- Edited books
- Self-published books
To ensure that all books are included, authors must complete the submission form for each book published by Dec. 8. All submissions must be sent to the online form.
Contact Cherie Watson, Morris Library acquisitions librarian, if you have questions whether a book meets the recognition criteria.