October 17, 2016
Dunn names chancellor search advisory committee
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- SIU System President Randy Dunn today (Oct. 17) named an 18-member committee to begin the process of selecting the Carbondale campus’ next permanent chancellor.
The members of the Chancellor Search Advisory Committee broadly represent faculty, staff, students, alumni and the community.
“These people have agreed to serve because of their commitment to the university, and I appreciate their willingness to assist in this critical undertaking,” Dunn said.
When the SIU Board of Trustees approved the appointment of Brad Colwell as interim chancellor effective Oct. 1, 2015, it was with the understanding that he would serve up to two years, prior to the conclusion of a national search.
“My charge to the search advisory committee will be to work as expeditiously as possible,” Dunn said. “It is my belief that we need to have a permanent chancellor in place as soon as practicable, given the continuing deterioration of the budget situation at the campus and state levels.”
He anticipates naming between two and four finalists to bring to the campus for interviews and open forums sometime during the spring semester.
Members of the committee are:
- Laurie Achenbach, chair; dean, College of Science
- Jason Bond, professor, Plant, Soil, & Agricultural Systems
- Daniel Booth, principal, Carbondale Community High School
- Nate Brown, alumnus, Belleville
- Deborah Burris, clinical associate professor, Office of Teacher Education
- Judith Davie, associate professor, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Wayne Glass, director, Office of Sponsored Projects Administration, A/P Staff Council
- Ben Handler, vice president, Undergraduate Student Government
- Andrea Imre, associate professor, Morris Library
- Vicki Kreher, senior lecturer, Journalism
- Segun Ojewuyi, associate professor, Theater
- Julie Partridge, associate professor, Kinesiology
- Barbara Shiplett, coordinator of physical therapy services, Student Health Services, Civil Service Council
- Matt Solverson, SIU Foundation Board of Directors
- Naomi Tolbert, student member, SIU Board of Trustees
- Tomas Velasco, associate professor, Technology
- Xiaoxin Wang Beardsley, associate professor, Finance
- Brandon Woudenberg, president, Graduate and Professional Student Council
Non-voting Staff to the Committee:
- Matt Baughman, assistant to the chancellor
- Penny Moon, President’s Office