August 25, 2016
‘Weeks of Welcome’ events continue
As members of the campus community settle into the fall semester, Weeks of Welcome events continue for the entire campus. Everyone is invited to come out to these events, which help new and returning students succeed. The registration page to volunteer with Weeks of Welcome events is available here.
Upcoming events include:
Thursday, Aug. 25
- 5-7 p.m. -- Involvement Fair, Student Center.
Friday, Aug. 26
- 3-5 p.m. – Saluki Spirit Banner Competition, Sam Rinella Field.
- 7-8:30 p.m. – Hypnotist Chris Jones, Student Center ballrooms.
Saturday, Aug. 27
- 7:30-10 p.m. – SIU Welcome Back Splash Bash, Carbondale Splash Park. "Buses will run from east and west campus, beginning at 7 p.m.
Monday, Aug. 29
- 1-5 p.m. -- Saluki Student Job Fair, Student Center. More than 30 campus departments and local businesses will be interviewing and hiring for part-time and student positions. Students will go through a brief orientation/preparation session and have the opportunity to walk through the Job Fair, talk to employers, and potentially participate in on-site interviews. The event is a collaboration between Career Services, Financial Aid, New Student Programs and the Student Center.
- 5-6 p.m. – Saluki Sprint, Saluki Row. New students will get a free T-shirt and “sprint” across the Saluki Stadium field to open the season at Saluki’s home-opener football game against Southeast Missouri State.
For a full schedule of Weeks of Welcome events, please download the MySIU app (Android or iOS) and select the “New Student Programs” guide. MySIU provides a convenient way for all members of the SIU community to access the schedule, find event details, map event locations, build their own calendar of events, and engage on social media. The schedule is also online.