December 17, 2015
SalukiTech and Network Control Center to merge services
Effective Jan. 4, 2016, the SalukiTech Call Center will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with the exception of university holidays and administrative closures.
As a part of this change, the Call Center will absorb many Network Control Center responsibilities, with a goal of providing a single point-of-contact for the Information Technology-related calls for the entire campus.
Among the functions SalukiTech will take over that the Network Control Center provides are:
- Monitoring of the campus network and providing support for network engineering.
- Monitoring of various enterprise-level services/servers and providing support for Office of Information Technology staff.
- Processing of DNS (domain name system), IP (Internet provider) and data jack requests.
- Basic after-hours Data Center support requests.
Functions that will not transition to SalukiTech include:
- Full Data Center management/support. A separate Data Center manager and staff will be retained during normal business hours.
- Monitoring of the SIS job manager (Appworx). Information Technology will no longer offer this function, and other arrangements will be made by the affected programmers and areas to adjust for this change.