September 03, 2015
Guidelines for complying with Pepsi MidAmerica contract
The university has a contract with Pepsi MidAmerica through October 2022. The agreement, which created an opportunity to support student scholarships, gives Pepsi MidAmerica exclusive pouring rights and the exclusive right to display, advertise and promote beverages on campus and in connection with the university. All staff, university departments and registered student organizations must follow the guidelines below in order to honor the university’s contractual commitment.
- No other (non-alcoholic) beverage brand may be distributed on campus in any form.
- Events held on campus, whether university related or not must use Pepsi MidAmerica products if beverages are served. If the event warrants a small quantity of beverages, such as a twelve pack or two, they may be purchased at a local retailer, but must be products offered by Pepsi MidAmerica.
- Private parties using campus space for events are not allowed to bring products other than Pepsi brands on campus. This includes soft drinks as well as bottled water, sports and energy drinks, and bottled tea.
- In order to purchase Pepsi products for use on campus, units will need to establish an account with Pepsi MidAmerica. They will honor contract pricing with all units on campus. Contact Lorrie Lefler and she will assist you with getting the process started.
- This applies to university departments as well as RSOs.
All vending machines on campus are being serviced by Pepsi MidAmerica. Should anyone experience problems with a vending machine, the 800 number on the machine should be used to report the problem. If the problem is not remedied, please contact Lorrie Lefler, the campus liaison with Pepsi MidAmerica, at 453-3401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call the 800 number for refunds, which can be obtained at the following six campus locations:
- Student Center Information Center: Lisa Lambus 453-3481
- Wham Dean’s Office: Pam Battaglia 453-2415
- Lentz Hall: Jeanette Howard 453-8835
- Law School Dean’s Office: Staci Eakins 453-8736
- Student Services Building, Room 486: Lorrie Lefler 453-3401
- Communications Building: Rhonda Rothrock 453-2365