August 27, 2015
Volunteers can still help with Weeks of Welcome
As members of the campus community settle into the fall semester, there are still plenty of opportunities for faculty and staff to volunteer during Weeks of Welcome, which run through Sept. 12.
The information to volunteer with Weeks of Welcome events is available here.
The list of events include:
- Involvement Fair, from 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 27, in the Student Center.
- Saluki Football Fan Fest, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 27, in Saluki Stadium.
- Hypnotist/comedian “Matt the Knife,” from 7 to 9 p.m., Friday, Aug. 28, in the Student Center Ballrooms.
- Saluki Community Service Day, from 8 a.m. to Noon, Saturday, Aug. 29, beginning at the Newman Center and featuring various community projects.
- Saluki Student Job Fair, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday, Aug. 31, in the Student Center. More than 30 campus departments and local businesses will be interviewing and hiring for part-time and student positions. Students will go through a brief orientation/preparation session and then have the opportunity to walk through the Job Fair, talk to employers and potentially participate in on-site interviews. The event is a collaboration between Career Services, Financial Aid, New Student Programs and the Student Center.
- Saluki Cents. The financial aid office is offering “Thrifty Thursday” financial literacy programs each Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. outside the Student Center during Weeks of Welcome, which runs through Sept. 12.
For a full schedule of Weeks of Welcome events, please download the Guidebook app (Android or iOS), search “SIUC” and select the “SIUC 2015-2016” guide. Guidebook provides a convenient way for all members of the SIU community to access the schedule, find event details, map event locations, build their own calendar of events, and engage on social media. The schedule is also online at http://nsp.siu.edu/ .