June 25, 2015
School of Medicine physicians named ‘Top Doctors’
Fourteen physicians at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine have been named “Top Doctors” by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.
Castle Connolly’s website lists more than 46,000 physicians in the nation nominated by their peers and thoroughly reviewed by Castle Connolly’s physician-led research team. These regional “Top Doctors” are considered to be among the top 10 percent of physicians in their communities and metropolitan areas.
The physicians named are:
- Dr. Tom Ala, associate professor of neurology.
- Dr. Stephen Beck, associate professor of urology.
- Dr. Jeffrey Cozzens, professor and chair of neurosurgery.
- Dr. Rodger Elble, professor of neurology.
- Dr. Marc Garfinkel, associate professor of surgery.
- Dr. James Gilchrist, professor and chair of neurology.
- Dr. Kim Hodgson, professor and chair of vascular surgery.
- Dr. Kevin McVary, professor and chair of urology.
- Dr. John Mellinger, professor and chair of general surgery.
- Dr. Michael Neumeister, professor and chair, plastic surgery and surgery.
- Dr. Jan Rakinic, associate professor of colon and rectal surgery.
- Dr. Khaled Saleh, professor and chair, orthopaedic surgery.
- Dr. Brad Schwartz, professor of urology.
- Dr. Peter White, professor of pulmonary medicine.