May 11, 2015
University to host athletics camps
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Southern Illinois University Carbondale is hosting several athletic camps for youths this summer.
The athletic summer camp schedule, along with participant ages, a brief description and prices, includes:
- Saluki Baseball Camp, June 15-18, ages 7-13. This commuter camp covers the fundamentals of hitting, pitching, fielding and running bases and gives participants the experience of playing on the artificial turf at Richard “Itchy” Jones stadium. $180.
- Challenger Sports British Soccer Camp, June 15-19, ages 6-10 during the morning session and 11-16 during the afternoon session. This commuter camp provides participants with soccer fundamentals and skills training as they learn sportsmanship, leadership, respect and responsibility. $135.
- Saluki Track and Field Pole Vault Camp, June 20, grades 6-12. Campers will focus on learning new skills and improving existing pole vault skills. $75.
- Saluki Track and Field Throws Camp, July 11, 22, 18, 19, for grades 6-12. Participants will learn new skills and improve current skills in discuss and shot pot and each will receive a personalized technique evaluation. The cost is $100 for one day, $150 for two days, $250 for three days or $300 for four days.
- Universal /Cheerleaders Association Cheer Camp/ Dance Camp, June 8-11, ages 12 and older. Participants will learn cheers and dances and work together to enhance skills. The cost is $329 for athletes and $314 for coaches for overnight camp and $220 for athletes and $105 for coaches for instruction only.
Continuing Education and Outreach coordinates the camps. Find additional information and registration details online at www.continuinged.siu.edu or call 618/453-7751.