April 06, 2015
Honors Day festivities are Saturday
The university-wide Honors Day program to acknowledge and salute extraordinary students is Saturday, April 11.
The program begins at 2 p.m. in the Student Center ballrooms. Light refreshments will be available starting at 1:30 p.m. in the International Lounge. The 2015 university Excellence Award Outstanding Teacher, Gary Apgar, an associate professor in animal science, food and nutrition in the College of Agricultural Sciences, will provide special remarks.
Individual college ceremonies, where students receive their certificates and Honors Day pins, start at 3 p.m., unless otherwise noted. Contact your dean’s office for more information or to RSVP for your college’s ceremony.
Here is the location for each of the college ceremonies.
- Agricultural Sciences: Muckelroy Auditorium, Agriculture building.
- Applied Sciences and Arts: Transportation Education Center, 3:30 p.m.
- Business: Morris Library, John C. Guyon Auditorium
- Education and Human Services: Shryock Auditorium
- Engineering: Lawson Hall, Room 151
- Liberal Arts: Communications Building, McLeod Theater
- Mass Communication and Media Arts: Communications Building, Room 1065
- Science: Student Center Auditorium
- University College: Student Services Building, Room 150