October 16, 2014
Property Control reorganizes
Property Control is a reorganized department comprised of staff that formerly reported to Accounting Services and Procurement Services (Surplus Property). The reorganization will allow maximum efficiency, centralized services and a “cradle-to-grave” management of fixed assets under one department. As a part of the reorganization, the central receiving function of surplus property is now at the materials management loading dock at the university’s Physical Plant, 210 Physical Plant Drive. Property Control’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Identifying and tagging equipment.
- Recording assets in the university’s accounting system.
- Coordinating the annual fixed asset inventory.
- Assisting units with asset tracking.
- Managing the surplus property.
Property Control is at 805 S. Elizabeth St., Mailcode 6827. Contact the unit at 536-2661 or by fax at 453-2591.