September 15, 2014
Payroll time entry training offered
Administrative Information Systems (AIS) is offering time entry training for department timekeepers. The formalized training AIS developed will assist each department in ensuring accuracy and timely payroll processing.
Coliss Thies, AIS education specialist, hopes training for the entire campus will be completed by the end of the year. AIS highly recommends these for new employees assigned time entry responsibilities; sessions are also open to employees who manage time entry now but who never received formal training. In addition to a one-hour session, a primer and reference material are available online.
Space is limited, but AIS encourages departments to send at least two people to the training session. This overlap will increase a department’s ability to process payroll and minimize the impact if a department’s timekeeper is temporarily out or takes another position.
Time entry training sessions for each payroll type will be available once a month:
- Tuesday, Sept. 16, 10 a.m. – Student time entry training.
- Sept. 23, 10:00 a.m. -- Bi-weekly civil service time entry training.
- Oct 7, 10 a.m. -- Bi-weekly civil service time entry training.
- Oct. 14, 10 a.m. -- Student time entry training.
- Nov. 4, 10 a.m. -- Bi-weekly civil service time entry training.
- Nov. 12, 10 a.m. -- Student time entry training.
Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. Participants must have assigned timekeeper responsibilities to enroll. More program information and pre-registration for any of the sessions is available here.