January 27, 2014
Media Advisory – Library Open House
Reporters, photographers and news crews are welcome to tour the recently completed sixth and seventh floors of SIU Carbondale’s Morris Library during an open house, set for 3 to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 30.
Chancellor Rita Cheng and Anne Cooper Moore, dean of Library Affairs, will be available to discuss these new collaborative spaces that will enhance teaching and learning. Among the highlights:
• Students have centralized access to academic, technology and research support.
• Both floors feature flexible areas in which students can work together on academic projects.
• Furnishings encourage individual and group innovation.
• Math Central on the sixth floor is a one-stop destination for instructor-led math classes, labs, tutoring and support.
• The Center for Learning Support Services, on the seventh floor, and its tutoring center feature group study sessions, academic coaching, learning consultants, Saluki Peer Mentors, and math tutors. Testing services offers proctoring of a variety of exams, including distance education courses, nationally standardized tests, professional certification, and make-up.