November 18, 2013
Guidelines for complying with campus Pepsi MidAmerica contract
In October 2012 SIU entered into a 10-year contract with Pepsi MidAmerica. The agreement, which created an opportunity to support student scholarships, gives Pepsi MidAmerica exclusive pouring rights and the exclusive right to display, advertise and promote beverages on campus and in connection with the university. All staff, university departments and registered student organizations must follow the guidelines below in order to honor the university’s contractual commitment:
- No other non-alcoholic beverage brand may be distributed on campus in any form.
- Events held on campus, whether or not they are university related, must use Pepsi MidAmerica products if beverages are served. This includes events that warrant a small quantity of beverages, such as a twelve pack or two, that are purchased at a local retailer.
- Private parties using campus space for events are not allowed to bring products other than Pepsi brands on campus. This includes soft drinks as well as bottled water, sports and energy drinks, and bottled tea.
- Units will need to establish an account with Pepsi MidAmerica in order to purchase Pepsi products for use on campus and receive contract pricing. Contact Lorrie Lefler email@example.com, to get the process started.
All vending machines on campus are being serviced by Pepsi MidAmerica. Please use the 800 number on the machine to report vending problems. If the problem is not remedied, please contact Lorrie Lefler, the campus liaison with Pepsi MidAmerica, at 453-3401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call the 800 number for refunds, which can be obtained at the following six campus locations:
- Student Center Information Center: Lisa Lambus, 453-3481
- Wham Dean’s Office: Pam Battaglia, 453-2415
- Lentz Hall: Jeanette Howard, 453-8835
- Law School Dean’s Office: Kristy White, 453-8736
- Anthony Hall: Lorrie Lefler, 453-3401
- Communications Building: Rhonda Rothrock, 453-2365