May 10, 2012
Business college honors students, faculty, staff
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- The College of Business at Southern Illinois University Carbondale recently recognized outstanding efforts by students, faculty and staff at the annual 2012 Honors Day awards presentation.
During the presentation, more than 125 students earned scholastic honors and more than 100 students received nearly $154,000 in scholarships and tuition waivers. The presentations included awards for the outstanding senior within each major, along with overall outstanding senior for the college. There were awards for graduate students, faculty and staff, including student workers, as well.
“This is an excellent opportunity for the college to recognize all of the hard work that goes into what we later label as excellence. We look forward to this every year, to showcase our high caliber of individuals involved in the College of Business,” Dean J. Dennis Cradit said.
The outstanding seniors, listed with hometown and major, are:
• Christopher Bevis -- Golconda, business and administration
• Caroline Ebelhar – Marion, management
• Jordee Justice -- Du Quoin, business economics
• Stephen Putbrese -- Xenia, finance
• Allison Riggs -- DeLand, accounting
• Trevor Ward -- Albion, marketing
Putbrese also won the overall Outstanding Senior award for the College of Business.
Recognized as outstanding graduate students, with hometown and honor won, were:
• Susana Arevalo Acosta -- Santa Ana, El Salvador, most outstanding MBA student
• Ioana Marie Boros -- Saverne, France, most outstanding international MBA student
• Cristina Trapani -- Herrin, most outstanding female MBA student
• Jennifer Franczak -- a management major from Homer Glen, most outstanding female doctoral student.
Earning outstanding faculty and staff awards, shown with title, subject area and honor, were:
• Wallace Davidson -- Henry J. Rehn Professor of Finance, outstanding graduate teacher
• Jill Gebke -- director of enrollment management for the college, outstanding service award
• Gregory Hoffeditz -- lecturer, management, outstanding term faculty
• Vincent Intintoli -- assistant professor, finance, outstanding undergraduate teacher
• Cheryl Burke Jarvis -- associate professor and interim chair of the marketing department, outstanding researcher
• Emily Morgan -- a junior marketing major from Coulterville, outstanding student worker
• Andrew Scott -- a doctoral business and administration major from Quincy, outstanding graduate assistant teacher