May 09, 2012
RHA executive board elects officers for 2012-2013
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Southern Illinois University Carbondale’s Residence Hall Association executive board recently held elections for officers for the 2012-2013 academic year.
The new officers, listed with their positions, hometowns, majors and the residence halls they represent, are:
• Katherine Hastings, president, Orland Hill, undecided/pre-major, Bowyer Hall
• Isaac Etheridge, vice president, Mill Shoals, engineering technology, Abbott Hall
• Ashley Stegall, communications coordinator, Earlville, undecided/pre-major, Allen Hall
• Jazzalynn Jester, programming coordinator, Torrance, Calif., biological sciences, Bowyer Hall
• Camillia Bone, budget and fundraising coordinator, Lincoln, communication disorders and sciences, Bowyer Hall
• Chelsea Laux, public relations coordinator, Swansea, mechanical engineering, Pierce Hall
• Joelle Rollins-Kent, information technology coordinator, South Holland, history, Mae Smith Hall
The team of officers works closely with University Housing staff to improve residence hall life and programming. The RHA includes representatives from every campus residence hall and its goal is enhancing the on-campus living experience for students via programs and collaborations with University Housing and registered student organizations. In addition, RHA members attend regional, state and international conferences each year, networking with their counterparts from other campuses, sharing success stories about SIU Carbondale and gathering ideas.
RHA membership is open to all students residing in University Housing.