March 16, 2012
RSO and Leadership Awards nominations welcome
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Student Involvement and Leadership Development is now accepting nominations for its annual RSO and Leadership Awards.
A unit of Student Life and Intercultural Relations, Student Involvement and Leadership Development will present the awards during a May ceremony that will highlight noteworthy RSOs, programs, events, officers, advisers and members who have gone above and beyond on behalf of the organization, University and community during the past year.
You can make nominations now online at https://orgsync.com/181656/forms/show/45083.
All nominees are welcome to attend the awards ceremony and reception set for 3:30-5:30 p.m. May 2 at the Student Center.
Award categories, along with a brief description of the award where needed, are:
• Most Improved RSO, recognizing an RSO for making significant improvement during the past year.
• Outstanding Philanthropic Initiative, honoring an RSO for initiating, implementing or participating in a noteworthy philanthropic event or initiative benefitting the University, a non-profit organization, and/or the community.
• Outstanding Program/Event, to recognize a specific program or event contributing to SIU Carbondale or the community
• Outstanding Advisor, to honor a faculty or staff RSO adviser for remarkable contributions • Outstanding RSO
• Outstanding RSO Officer
• Spirit of Diversity, to reward the RSO that best exemplifies commitment and support for diversity through programming and activities during the past year
• Drum Major Instinct, honoring a student for promoting social justice and equality within the campus community
• Steve Harris Outstanding Treasurer, denoting outstanding fiscal management work by an RSO treasurer
• Dr. Katie Award, named in honor of Katherine Sermersheim, associate dean of students, this award goes to a graduating senior who best displays the qualities and characteristics of its namesake. The recipient is someone who is an advocate for students and is supportive, diplomatic, dedicated, fair, and vibrant and is both a problem solver and team-oriented.