March 22, 2011
Registered student groups can apply for awards
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Registered Student Organizations at Southern Illinois University Carbondale can now apply for the 2010-2011 RSO Awards.
Applications are available in the Student Involvement and Leadership Development office on the third floor of the Student Center. Return all completed applications to the same office by the deadline of 4 p.m. on April 4.
The announcement of the winning organizations will be at the annual RSO and Leadership Celebration. Student Involvement and Leadership Development will host the celebration on April 20. The event will begin with refreshments at 3 p.m. in the Corker Lounge on the second floor of the Student Center. The awards ceremony, in Ballroom B, will follow at 4 p.m.
The RSO Awards, and what they recognize, include:
• Most Improved RSO Award, recognizing significant RSO improvement in the past year.
• Outstanding Philanthropic Initiative Award, to an RSO for initiating, implementing or participating in a noteworthy philanthropic event or initiative benefitting the University, a non-profit organization and/or the community.
• Outstanding Program/Event Award, to recognize a specific program or event for the contribution it made to the University and/or community.
• Outstanding RSO Adviser Award, for a faculty/staff adviser in honor of his or her outstanding contributions to an RSO.
• Outstanding RSO Award, recognition of an RSO for its outstanding contributions and commitment to SIUC and the community.
• Outstanding RSO Officer Award, honoring an RSO officer for his or her noteworthy contributions and dedication to an RSO.
• Steve Harris Outstanding Treasurer Award, recognizing an RSO treasurer for extraordinary fiscal management.
For more information about the awards or submitting an application, contact Michelle Restivo at firstname.lastname@example.org.