August 02, 2010
Media Advisory -- Summer Commencement
Reporters, photographers and camera crews are welcome to cover Southern Illinois University Carbondale’s summer commencement ceremonies later this week at Shryrock Auditorium.
There are approximately 1,624 candidates for degrees in ceremonies Friday, Aug. 6, and Saturday, Aug. 7. There are 1,163 candidates for bachelor’s degrees, 392 candidates for master’s degrees, 65 candidates for doctoral degrees, and four candidates for law degrees. The ceremonies are free and open to the public.
Here are the times for the commencement ceremonies.
Friday, Aug. 6
- 5 p.m. -- Doctoral degree candidates and SIU School of Law.
- 7:30 p.m. -- Master’s degree candidates.
Saturday, Aug. 7
- 8 a.m. -- College of Liberal Arts.
- 10:30 a.m. -- College of Applied Sciences and Arts.
- 1 p.m. -- College of Business.
- 3:30 p.m. -- College of Education and Human Services.
- 6 p.m. -- Ceremonies for graduates in the colleges of Agricultural Sciences, Engineering, Mass Communication and Media Arts, and Science.