July 07, 2010
Media Advisory -- CampCEO Crash Course
Reporters, photographers and news crews are welcome to cover the entrepreneurship experience of Southern Illinois University Carbondale’s CampCEO Crash Course on Friday, July 9, at locations around the region.
The camp begins at 9 a.m. at the Dunn-Richmond Economic Development Center located at 150 E. Pleasant Hill Road in Carbondale. The activities wrap up at 6 p.m.
During the day, youths ages 13-18 from all over Southern Illinois will participate in a variety of activities, including networking with local entrepreneurs, visiting area businesses, hearing presentations about international business, young entrepreneurship, marketing, business financing and much more. They’ll learn about SIUC’s incubator program, business development on small and large scales and even participate in a local television newscast.
Media are welcome to attend many of the sessions. Opportunities, by time and locations, are:
• 9:15-11 a.m., Dunn-Richmond Economic Development Center, 150 E. Pleasant Hill Road in Carbondale.
• 11:30 a.m.-noon, Region’s Bank, 500 W. Main St., Carbondale.
• 1-1:30 p.m., Tropical Sno, Murdale Shopping Center, Carbondale.
• 2-3:35 p.m., Sao’s Asian Bistro, 2800 17th St., Marion.
• 4-4:30 p.m., Black Diamond Harley-Davidson, 2400 Williamson County Parkway, Marion.
• 4:45-5:25 p.m., WSIL TV 3 (ABC) studio, 1416 Country Aire Drive, Carterville.
For more information, contact Robyn Laur Russell, SIUC director of business development and international trade, at 618/453-3805.