September 16, 2011
Ten questions with ... Alicia Hill Ruiz
Job on campus/department you work in:
Director of Communications & Outreach, School of Law
1. How long at SIUC: About 14 years (17 if you count being a law student)
2. Hometown: I grew up in Benton, IL, but have lived in Murphysboro since 1995.
3. When you were a youngster, what did you want to be when you grew up? Detective
4. If you could choose another profession, what would it be and why? Filmmaker
5. What is something you still want to accomplish in life? Write a novel
6. What was the first “album” you ever bought, and was it an LP, 8-track or CD?
I don’t think I actually bought it myself, but the first album (LP) I remember listening to was a collection of Television Theme Songs (from the 70s) - One Day at a Time, Hawaii Five-0, Charlie’s Angels, etc.
7. If you could pick an actor/actress to play you in a movie, who would you pick and why? Meryl Streep. It would take a considerable talent to make my life interesting enough for a feature-length film (see above).
8. Cats or dogs? Both; dogs if I have to choose.
9. What is your pet peeve? Misuse of the word “irony”
10. Favorite cartoon character? Why? Pepe` Le Pew. Le Pew’s blissful ignorance of his own limitations as a romancer always makes me smile.