March 05, 2009
Final commencement schedule announced
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Southern Illinois University Carbondale Chancellor Samuel Goldman today (March 5) announced the final schedule of spring 2009 commencement ceremonies.
The new schedule is as follows:
Thursday, May 7
- 4:30 p.m. -- SIU School of Law, Shryock Auditorium.
- 7 p.m. -- Doctoral degree candidates, Graduate School, Shryock Auditorium.
Friday, May 8
- 10 a.m. -- Master’s degree candidates, SIU Arena
- 1:30 p.m. -- College of Education and Human Services; ceremonies for majors in athletic training, exercise science, physical education teaching, communication disorders and sciences, rehabilitation services, social work, and workforce education and development; Shryock Auditorium.
- 4 p.m. -- College of Education and Human Services; ceremonies for majors in art, biological sciences, early childhood education, elementary education, English, French, German, history, mathematics, Spanish, special education, health education, and recreation; Shryock Auditorium.
- 7 p.m. -- College of Business, SIU Arena.
Saturday, May 9
- 8:30 a.m. -- College of Science, Shryock Auditorium.
- 8:30 a.m. – College of Engineering, SIU Arena.
- 11 a.m. -- College of Agricultural Sciences, Shryock Auditorium.
- 1:30 p.m. -- College of Mass Communication and Media Arts, Shryock Auditorium.
- 2 p.m. -- College of Applied Sciences and Arts; architectural studies, fashion design and merchandising, interior design, automotive technology, aviation technologies, aviation management, and aviation flight; SIU Arena.
- 5:30 p.m. -- College of Applied Sciences and Arts; dental hygiene, health care management, mortuary science and funeral services, radiologic sciences, physical therapist assistant, electronic systems technologies, fire service management, information systems technologies, and technical resource management; SIU Arena.
Sunday, May 10
- 1:30 p.m. -- College of Liberal Arts, ceremonies for majors in administration of justice, anthropology, art and design, economics, English, foreign languages and literature, geography and environmental resources, history, linguistics, mathematics, and music; SIU Arena.
- 5 p.m. -- College of Liberal Arts, paralegal studies, philosophy, political science, sociology, speech communications, theater, and university studies; SIU Arena.
A list of commencement schedules is available at http://registrar.siu.edu/records/Graduation.htm.