September 25, 2008
Workshops will address various legal topics
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Southern Illinois University Carbondale’s Division of Continuing Education, together with the law school, is offering an opportunity for SIU law alumni and other law professionals to earn Continuing Legal Education credits during the 2008 homecoming weekend. The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 11 in Room 202 of the Hiram H. Lesar Law Building.
The Homecoming CLE will include the following workshops:
• “ Surrogate Decisions for Adults in Illinois,” by Rebecca O’Neill, clinical law professor.
• “Update to Current Cases in Medical Law,” by W. Eugene Basanta, Southern Illinois Healthcare/ law professor.
• “Immigration Law Basics,” by Cindy Buys, associate law professor.
• “Practical Electronic Legal Research,” by Candle Wester-Mittan, assistant professor and access services librarian, and Jason Raymond, assistant professor and reference librarian.
• “Charitable Giving through Planned Giving,” by Yvonne M. Spencer, director of planned giving for the Southern Illinois University Foundation.
Registration is $15 per CLE hour for SIU law alumni and public interest attorneys and $20 per CLE hour for all other participants. For registration or more information, contact the Division of Continuing Education at 618/536-7751 or visit the Web site at www.dce.siu.edu.