August 25, 2008
Media Advisory -- Fair Showcase
The Illinois Entrepreneurship Network at Southern Illinois University Carbondale presents the Made in Southern Illinois Showcase at the 2008 Du Quoin State Fair. Reporters, photographers and news crews are welcome to visit the showcase in the Expo Hall through Labor Day, Sept. 1.
The showcase is open to the public daily from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. and each day highlights a different business born and growing in Southern Illinois with assistance from the Illinois Entrepreneurship Network (IEN). The featured businesses will display the goods and services they offer to fair visitors. Each day highlights a different company.
The Made in Southern Illinois Showcase schedule includes:
• Aug. 25: Illinois Entrepreneurship Network program.
• Aug. 26: Liquid Potions, a Herrin company that created and sells a natural drink to offset the negative effects of consuming alcohol, www.boozerdog.com.
• Aug. 27: Knives N Roses, a Centralia business featuring handcrafted knives and glass-enameled copper artworks, www.knives-n-roses.com.
• Aug. 28: 618football.com, a Du Quoin company featuring a social networking Web site keeping high school football teams and their fans throughout the region connected, www.618football.com.
* Aug. 29: Prestige Trailers, a Du Quoin company manufacturing custom boat and motorcycle trailers, www.prestigetrailers.com.
* Aug. 30: Devil’s Breath Chile Peppers, a Broughton company growing and selling products like hot chile sauces and relishes created using 100 natural and organic peppers, www.chilestuff.com.
• Aug. 31: Rolling Stone Engraving, a Dongola company providing custom stone engraving for commercial and residential decorative use, 618/922-7898.
• Sept. 1: “Heartland Women,” a Carbondale publication created to entertain, inform and empower women, www.heartlandwomen.com.
Co-sponsors with the SIUC Illinois Small Business Development Center for the SIUC showcase event include other programs within Illinois Entrepreneurship Network, including the Southern Illinois Entrepreneurship Center, the University Entrepreneurship Center at Centralia, the Illinois Manufacturing Extension Center, the Southern Illinois Research Park and Incubator Program and Connect SI. The University hosts the programs that provide technical assistance and expertise to small businesses throughout the region.
For more information about the IEN call 618/536-2424 or look online at www.growsi.com.