October 29, 2007
Student group leads business college's 'pride week'
CARBONDALE, Ill. — Social activities and educational workshops abound this week at the Southern Illinois University Carbondale College of Business and Administration.
Blacks Interested in Business is leading "CoBA Pride Week," running through Sunday. Blacks Interested in Business is a collegiate organization for the advancement of minority students. Sponsors for the events, which are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted, are ALDI and State Farm Insurance.
The "CoBA Pride Week" schedule includes:
Monday, Oct. 29
• 5-6:30 p.m. — "How to start your own business" workshop, Rehn Hall, Room 326.
Tuesday, Oct. 30
• 5-6:30 p.m. — "Writing a business plan" with guest speaker Shiloh Bell, Rehn Hall, Room 108.
Wednesday, Oct. 31
• 5-8 p.m. — Safe Halloween, Student Center Ballroom D.
• 9-11 p.m. — Bowling and Billiards at Student Center.
Thursday, Nov. 1
• 6-9 p.m. — Dinner Etiquette Banquet, by invitation only in Old Main Restaurant at the Student Center.
Friday, Nov. 2
• Noon-2 p.m. — SIUC College of Business and Administration Minority Advisory Board luncheon, by invitation only in the Student Center Kaskaskia Room.
Sunday, Nov. 4
• 2-5 p.m. — BIB Basketball Tournament at the Student Recreational Center. Registration required with sign-up sheet at Rehn Hall, Room 117.
For more information about Blacks Interested in Business or "CoBA Pride Week" contact Loretta Hobbs at 618/549-8059 or via e-mail at email@example.com.