May 15, 2007
Sunset Concerts' 29th season opens June 14
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- The great sounds of summer return to Carbondale as the 29th season of the Sunset Concerts Series kicks off June 14 on the steps of Southern Illinois University Carbondale's Shryock Auditorium. The weekly concerts continue through the end of July, alternating between the steps of Shryock and Turley Park on Carbondale's west side.
Concerts begin at 7 p.m. each Thursday and the schedule includes:
• June 14: Rico, Latin rock, Shryock, www.ricojams.com
* June 21: Special Consensus, bluegrass, Turley Park, www.specialc.com.
* June 28: Skinny, pop/funk, Shryock, www.myspace.com/2skinnydorks.
• July 5: The Kimi Hayes Band, rock, Turley Park, www.kimihayes.com/default1.htm.
* July 12: The Ark Band, reggae, Shryock, www.thearkband.com/.
* July 19: Retrorockets, rock and roll, Turley Park, www.retrorockets.net/.
* July 26: Andrew "Jr. Boy" Jones, blues, Shyrock, www.myspace.com/andrewjrboyjones.
The Student Center, Student Programming Council, the city of Carbondale and Carbondale Park District sponsoring the popular concerts, which are free and open to the public. Sponsors remind everyone the rules permit no underage drinking, pets, glass bottles, kegs or solicitation during the music-filled evenings.
For more information, call the Student Programming Council at 618/536-3393 or visit www.spc4fun.com.