April 23, 2007
Multi-ethnic students honored for achievements
CARBONDALE, Ill. – The Multi-Ethnic Academic Excellence Awards Committee at Southern Illinois University Carbondale recognized a group of 44 multi-ethnic student achievers recently for scholastic achievement. A celebration of leadership and involvement hosted by the SIUC's Office of Student Development at the Student Center honored the students for maintaining a minimum 3.0 GPA while earning a place on the Deans' List for a minimum of two consecutive semesters.
The student honorees, their class and majors, by hometown are as follows:
• Antioch: Chad Nevitt, senior, journalism.
• Belleville: Olanrewaj Adeniyi, sophomore, mechanical engineering.
• Bloomingdale: Michelle Danklefsen, junior, journalism.
• Buffalo Grove: Melissa Schwabacher, junior, English.
• Cambria: Baptiste Dixon, senior, healthcare management.
• Carbondale: Edmin Banks, senior, management: Kotomi Billings, senior, interior design: Ryan Foster, senior, marketing: Melissa McCutchen, senior, social work: Andrea Norris, junior, finance: Joyce Pryor, senior, early childhood education: Charles Range, Jr., junior, information systems technologies: Jesse Rivera, senior, administration of justice: Sandra Ross, senior with degree, radiologic sciences: Phillis Shaw, senior, social work: Chandra Sidharth, sophomore, pre-medicine: Salvador Solache, senior, accounting: Noemee Solache, senior, industrial technology: Amarachi Ukabam, senior, health education: Bailey Vang, senior, radiologic sciences: Bridgette Wiksten, senior with degree, English
• Chatham: Amanda Carmean, senior, elementary education.
• Chicago: Melody Boykin, senior, fashion design merchandising: Esteban DelValle, senior, art: Gabriel Stubenfield, senior, civil engineering: Annica Tillman, senior, social work.
• Cobden: Nigel Vorbrich, sophomore, agribusiness economics.
• Harvey: Xavier Mims, junior, management.
• Libertyville: Andrew Leung, senior, finance.
• Marion: Terence Yen, senior, accounting.
• Markham: Quiana Braden, senior, healthcare management.
• Matteson: Monique Gower, sophomore, marketing.
• Mound City: Janiece Blake, junior, accounting.
• Neoga: Kaitlin White, junior, architectural studies.
• Peoria: Jennifer House, senior, radiologic sciences.
• Rantoul: Neal Shaw, senior, theater.
• Richton Park: Raleshia Howard, sophomore, radio-television.
• Sparta: Teilla Bransford, sophomore, accounting.
• Springfield: Libra McNeese, senior, music.
• Tamms: Terrence Malone, sophomore, pre-major.
• Tinley Park: JaTerra Castine, sophomore, dental hygiene.
• Zion: Rene Fitz-Henley, senior, art.
• Fort Collins: Ruli Boone, senior, foreign language and international trade.
• Statesboro: Nigel Yin, senior, finance.