April 05, 2007
Honors Day ceremonies set for April 15
CARBONDALE, Ill. — Southern Illinois University Carbondale will honor its brightest and best undergraduates Sunday, April 15.
Nearly 2,100 students will be cited for academic performance in ceremonies held by SIUC's academic units. Honors Day standing goes to students who have earned grade-point averages of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale for all college work completed. Students who have received scholarships and other awards or prizes during the past year also will be recognized.
Interim Chancellor John M. Dunn will visit with honorees and their guests after the ceremonies at a reception running from 2 to 4 p.m. in the Student Center ballrooms. The colleges of agricultural sciences and of liberal arts will hold separate receptions. Immediately following their ceremonies, agriculture majors will meet in Room 209 of the Agriculture Building, while liberal arts majors will meet in Room 1032 of the Communications Building.
The 2007 Honors Day ceremony schedule by college or academic area:
• Agriculture, 1:30 p.m., Muckelroy Auditorium, Agriculture Building.
• Applied Sciences and Arts, 1 p.m., Auditorium, Hiram H. Lesar Law Building.
• Business and Administration, 1 p.m., Room 141, Lawson Hall.
• Education and Human Services, 1 p.m., Shryock Auditorium.
• Engineering, 1:30 p.m., Room A111, Engineering Building.
• Liberal Arts, 1:30 p.m., McLeod Theater, Communications Building.
• Mass Communication and Media Arts, 1:30 p.m., Room 1065, Communications Building.
• Science, 1:30 p.m., Student Center Auditorium.
• Pre-Major Advisement and Center for Academic Success, 1 p.m., Furr Auditorium, Pulliam Hall.