January 24, 2007
Media Advisory – Costello, Blakey Visit
U.S. Rep. Jerry Costello, D-Belleville, and Marion C. Blakey, administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration, will meet with Southern Illinois University Carbondale officials at the Southern Illinois Airport on Thursday, Jan. 25, to discuss SIUC's aviation program and the planned Transportation Education Center (TEC).
University officials participating include SIU President Glenn Poshard and interim SIUC Chancellor John M. Dunn.
Here is the agenda:
• 2:30-3 p.m.: Officials with the College of Applied Sciences and Arts present an overview of the University's aviation program and the TEC; room 145 in the hangar building.
• 3:05-3:45 p.m.: Tour of SIUC aviation facilities at the airport.
• 3:50-4:35 p.m.: Question and answer session regarding the aviation program and the TEC; hangar building.
• 4:35-4:50: Media availability with Costello, Blakey, Poshard, Dunn and other SIUC officials; room 145 of the hangar building.
• 4:55-5:25 p.m.: Public reception.
Reporters, photographers and camera crews are welcome to cover all activities; however, we would ask that members of the media hold all of their questions until the media availability.