November 02, 2006
SIU Alumni Association awards scholarships
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Chapters of the SIU Alumni Association awarded 28 scholarships to incoming Southern Illinois University students during the current academic year and are accepting applications for the 2007-2008 academic year.
Chapters in Jackson, Perry, Peoria Tri-County, Randolph, Union and Williamson counties funded academic scholarships to 26 students valued at $30,600. Two additional scholarships were awarded including the Alongi Legacy Scholarship and the Jackson County Family YMCA Scholarship totaling $3,000.
Applications are available online for the 2007-2008 academic year. Apply at http://www.siualumni.com/scholarships.htm. For more information, contact the SIU Alumni Association at (618) 453-2408.
The scholarships and those students receiving them include:
• Alongi Legacy Scholarship — Nathanael Harsy
• Jackson County Family YMCA — Jessica Camden
• Jackson County — Andrew Giritharan, Jessica Grammer, Natalie Rambeau, Amanda Reiff, Nicholas Steffon
• Peoria Tri-County — Joshua Kitterman, Kristen Wolfe
• Perry County — Stefani Kruse, Sarah Norton
• Randolph County — James Beers, Jenna Eggemeyer, Kaylyn Gimber, Kaile Horn
Timothy Hostert, Lindsey Schmieg
• Union County — Timothy Hinkle, Sarah Pitcher, Lucas Roney
• Williamson County — Jon Baker, Sumar Kane, Danielle Lintzenich, Todd Marlo
Ryan McDonald, Mallori Stoner, Travis Taylor, Toni Whitfield
Increasing unrestricted scholarship funding is among the goals of Southern at 150: Building Excellence Through Commitment, the blueprint the University is following as it approaches its 150th anniversary in 2019.