October 04, 2006
Football tickets available to association members
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Members of the Southern Illinois University Alumni Association can receive two complimentary tickets to the Saluki football game against Western Kentucky on Oct. 21. Game time is 6 p.m.
Current and new members can receive their tickets at any one of 29 businesses and banks throughout Southern Illinois, including the SIU Alumni Association offices on campus. Tickets are limited. Members can receive two tickets per household membership.
Also, alumni and student members are invited to a free pre-game tailgate, beginning three hours prior to the game. The SIU Alumni Association will host members under its alumni tailgate tent, located on Saluki Row, north of the SIU Arena. Attendees will enjoy complimentary food, beverages, music and prizes. The event is being sponsored by Venegoni-Horrell Distributing in Carbondale, Pepsi, River Radio Group, and the SIU Alumni Association.
Non-members can receive game tickets and admittance into the tailgate by joining the Alumni Association online atwww.siualumni.com or by calling 453-2408. Annual dues are $40, life memberships are $500, and installment plans are available. Students can join for $15. In addition, membership services will be available at the tailgate.
Tickets and membership information are available at the SIU Alumni Association offices on campus (second floor of Colyer Hall and the Student Center). Also, tickets and membership information are available at several locations throughout Southern Illinois, including:
- Anna: Anna State Bank, 100 E. Vienna;
- Benton: US Bank, 701 Public Square;
- Cairo: First National Bank, 800 Washington Square;
- Carbondale: First Bank, 1500 W. Main; First Southern Bank, 301 E. Main; Old National Bank, 509 S. University; SIU Credit Union, 1217 W. Main and 395 N. Giant City Road; The Bank of Carbondale, 216 E. Main; Regions Bank, 500 W. Main and 601 E. Main;
- Carterville: State and Savings Bank, 1001 S. Division;
- Chester: Victor Drugs, 2323 Old Plank Road;
- Cobden: US Bank, 120 S. Front;
- Du Quoin: Emling and Hoffman, CPA, 105 E. Main;
- Harrisburg: Community National Bank, 502 N. Commercial;
- Herrin: Herrin Security Bank, 114 W. Monroe;
- Johnston City: First Bank, 908 Grand Avenue;
- Marion: US Bank, 1116 N. Carbon; Illinois State Regional Office, 2309 W. Main;
- Metropolis: Community National Bank, 522 Market;
- Mt. Vernon: First State Bank of Dix, 900 South 42nd Street;
- Murphysboro: Regions Bank, 1301 Walnut;
- Nashville: Emling and Hoffman, CPA, 252 S. Mill;
- Olmsted: First State Bank, 185 N. Front;
- Pinckneyville: Country Insurance and Financial Services, 605 S. Main;
- West Frankfort: First Bank, 605 W. Main.
For more information contact the SIU Alumni Association at 453-2408.
Building relationships among the University and its students and graduates is among the goals of Southern at 150: Building Excellence Through Commitment, the blueprint the University is following as it approaches its 150th anniversary in 2019.