December 16, 2005
Member appreciation day includes Saluki game
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Current and new members of the Southern Illinois University Alumni Association can receive two complimentary tickets to an upcoming Saluki basketball game and enjoy a chili supper prior to the game.
The Salukis will host Bradley on Sunday, Jan. 8. Tipoff is scheduled for 2:05 p.m. Tickets are available at 31 Southern Illinois banks and businesses, including the SIU Alumni Association offices on campus.
Alumni members are also invited to a chili supper on the south concourse of the SIU Arena prior to the game, noon -1:30 p.m. The menu includes chili, salad, soda and dessert and cost is $5 per person. All orders must be received by Dec. 23.
The SIU Alumni Association sponsors the Jan. 8 member appreciation activities. The Jackson County Alumni Chapter and Student Alumni Council assist with hosting the event.
Non-members can receive game tickets by joining the Alumni Association online at www.siualumni.com or call 618/453-2408. Annual dues are $40, life memberships are $500, and installment plans are available.
Tickets and membership information are available at the SIU Alumni Association offices on campus (second floor of Colyer Hall and the Student Center). Also, game tickets are available at several locations throughout Southern Illinois, including:
- Anna: Anna State Bank, 100 E. Vienna;
- Benton: US Bank, 701 Public Square;
- Cairo: First National Bank, 800 Washington Ave.;
- Carbondale: First Bank, 1500 W. Main; First Southern Bank, 301 E. Main; Old National Bank, 509 S. University; SIU Credit Union, 1217 W. Main and 395 N. Giant City Road; The Bank of Carbondale, 216 E. Main; Regions Bank, 500 W. Main and 601 E. Main;
- Carterville: State and Savings Bank, 1001 S. Division;
- Centralia: Farmers State Bank of Hoffman, 105 E. Main;
- Chester: Victor Drugs, 2323 Old Plank Road;
- Cobden: US Bank, 120 S. Front;
- Du Quoin: Emling and Hoffman, CPA, 105 E. Main;
- Harrisburg: Community National Bank, 502 N. Commercial;
- Herrin: Herrin Security Bank, 114 W. Monroe;
- Johnston City: First Bank, 908 Grand Avenue;
- Marion: US Bank, 116 N. Carbon; Illinois State Regional Office, 2309 W. Main;
- Metropolis: Community National Bank, 522 Market;
- Mt. Vernon: First State Bank of Dix, 900 S. 42nd St.;
- Murphysboro: Regions Bank, 1301 Walnut;
- Nashville: Emling and Hoffman, CPA, 252 S. Mill;
- Olmsted: First State Bank, 185 N. Front;
- Pinckneyville: Country Insurance and Financial Services, 605 S. Main;
- Salem: First Bank, 205 W. Main;
- West Frankfort: First Bank, 605 W. Main.
For more information contact the SIU Alumni Association at 453-2408.