September 06, 2005
McLeod Theater celebrating 40th anniversaryCARBONDALE, Ill. -- Southern Illinois University Carbondale's McLeod Theater marks its 40th anniversary this year with an exciting bill of performances, special events and activities, all open to the public.
The theater, located in the Communications Building, is adding an additional production this year, too.
Mark your calendars as follows:
• Sept. 28 - Oct. 2: " Our Town" by Thornton Wilder.
• Nov. 9 - 13: " The Taming of the Shrew," by William Shakespeare.
• Feb. 22-26: " Noises Off," by Michael Frayn.
• March 24-26: "Fences," by August Wilson
• April 28-30 and May 5-6: "A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to the Forum," by Burt Shevelove and Larry Gelbart, music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim.
Curtains go up at 7:30 p.m. for evening shows and 2 p.m. for matinees.
Special pre-show lectures are available at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday matinee days.
Season tickets are $60 for adults, $50 for senior citizens and $25 for children.
For a brochure, reservations or more information, call the McLeod Theater Box Office weekdays from noon to 5:30 p.m. at 618/453-3001.
Providing cultural outreach is among the goals of Southern at 150: Building Excellence Through Commitment, the long-range plan the University is following as it approaches its 150th anniversary in 2019.