December 13, 2004
SIU Alumni to hold chili supper before game
CARBONDALE, Ill. - - Current and new members of the Southern Illinois University Alumni Association are eligible to receive two complimentary tickets to an upcoming Saluki basketball game and enjoy a chili supper prior to the game.
The SIUC Saluki men's and women's basketball teams play host to Drake on Sunday, Jan. 2. The men's game is scheduled to begin at 1:05 p.m., with tip-off for the women's game at 5:05 p.m. Tickets are available at the Alumni Association offices and at 29 businesses and banks throughout the Southern Illinois region.
Alumni members also are invited to a chili supper on the south concourse of the SIU Arena prior to the games, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The menu includes chili, salad, soda and dessert and costs $5 per person. Orders for the chili supper must be received by Friday, Dec. 17.
The SIU Alumni Association sponsors the Jan. 2 member appreciation activities. The Jackson County Alumni Chapter and Student Alumni Council assist with hosting the event.
Non-members may receive game tickets by joining the Alumni Association. Annual dues are $40; life memberships are $500, with installment plans available. Alumni, students and friends of the association are invited to join online at http://siualumni.com or call 453-2408.
Tickets and membership information are available at the SIU Alumni Association offices on the second floor of Colyer Hall and the SIUC Student Center. Tickets and membership services are also available at several locations throughout southern Illinois including:
- Anna: Anna State Bank, 100 E. Vienna;
- Benton: US Bank, 701 Public Square;
- Cairo: First National Bank, 800 Washington Ave.;
- Carbondale: First Bank, 1500 W. Main; First Southern Bank, 2471 W. Main; Old National Bank, 509 S. University; SIU Credit Union, 1217 W. Main and 395 N. Giant City Road; The Bank of Carbondale, 216 E. Main; Union Planters Bank, 500 W. Main and 601 E. Main;
- Carterville: State and Savings Bank, 1001 S. Division;
- Centralia: Farmers State Bank of Hoffman, 205 S. Commercial;
- Chester: Victor Drugs, 2323 Old Plank Road;
- Cobden: US Bank, 120 S. Front;
- Du Quoin: Emling and Hoffman CPAs, 105 E. Main;
- Harrisburg: Community National Bank, 502 N. Commercial;
- Herrin: Herrin Security Bank, 114 W. Monroe;
- Johnston City: First Bank, 908 Grand Avenue;
- Marion: US Bank, 116 N. Carbon; Illinois State Regional Office, 2309 W. Main;
- Metropolis: Community National Bank, 522 Market;
- Mount Vernon: First State Bank, 2020 Broadway, Ste. 210;
- Murphysboro: Union Planters Bank, 1301 Walnut;
- Nashville: Emling and Hoffman CPAs, 252 S. Mill;
- Olmsted: First State Bank, 185 N. Front;
- Pinckneyville: Country Insurance and Financial Services, 605 S. Main;
- Salem: First Bank, 205 W. Main;
- West Frankfort: First Bank, 605 W. Main.
For more information, call the SIU Alumni Association at 453-2408.