September 08, 2004
Members can enjoy free tickets, pre-game tailgate
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Members of the Southern Illinois University Alumni Association can receive two complimentary tickets to the Saluki football game against William Penn on Saturday, Sept. 18. Game time is 6 p.m.
Current and new members can receive their tickets at any one of 30 businesses and banks throughout Southern Illinois, including the SIU Alumni Association offices on campus. Tickets are limited.
Also, alumni and student members are invited to a free pre-game tailgate, beginning three hours prior to the game. The SIU Alumni Association will host members under its alumni tailgate tent, located on Saluki Row, north of the SIU Arena. Attendees will enjoy complimentary food, beverages and music. Event sponsors are Venegoni-Horrell Distributing in Carbondale, Pepsi, Mississippi River Radio Group and the SIU Alumni Association. Food is being provided by Tres Hombres Restaurant in Carbondale.
Saluki Row will be the site for member tailgates throughout the season, with the exception of the Association's traditional Homecoming alumni "Big Tent" celebration, which takes place Oct. 2, east of McAndrew Stadium.
Non-members can receive game tickets and admittance into the tailgate by joining the Alumni Association online athttp://www.siualumni.com or by calling 618/453-2408. Annual dues are $40, life memberships are $500, and installment plans are available. In addition, membership services will be available at the tailgate.
Tickets and membership information are available at the SIU Alumni Association offices on campus (second floor of Colyer Hall and the Student Center). Also, tickets and membership information are available at several locations throughout southern Illinois, including:
- Anna: Anna State Bank, 100 E. Vienna
- Benton: U.S. Bank, N.A., 701 Public Square
- Cairo: First National Bank, 800 Washington Avenue
- Carbondale: First Bank, 1500 W. Main; Old National Bank, 509 S. University; SIU Credit Union, 1217 W. Main and 395 N. Giant City Road; The Bank of Carbondale, 216 E. Main; and Union Planters Bank, 500 W. Main and 601 E. Main
- Carterville: Carterville State and Savings Bank, 1001 S. Division
- Centralia: Farmers State Bank of Hoffman, 255 S. Commercial
- Chester: Victor Drugs, 2323 Old Plank Road
- Cobden: U.S. Bank, 120 S. Front
- Du Quoin: Emling and Hoffman, CPA, 105 E. Main
- Harrisburg: Community National Bank, 502 N. Commercial
- Herrin: Herrin Security Bank, 114 W. Monroe
- Johnston City: First Bank, 908 Grand Avenue
- Marion: U.S. Bank, 116 N. Carbon; Illinois State Regional Office, 2209 W. Main
- Metropolis: Community National Bank, 522 Market
- Mt. Vernon: First State Bank, 2020 Broadway
- Murphysboro: Union Planters Bank, 1301 Walnut
- Nashville: Emling and Hoffman, CPA, 252 S. Mill
- Olmsted: First State Bank, 185 N. Front
- Pinckneyville: COUNTRY Insurance and Financial Services, 605 S. Main
- Salem: First Bank, 205 W. Main
- West Frankfort: First Bank, 110 N. Jefferson.