April 23, 2004
SIUC news events for April 26-May 2
News directors, editors and reporters covering Southern Illinois University Carbondale: To facilitate your planning for next week, here's a listing of events and activities scheduled on campus or that are University-related. We will provide these listings each Friday and are happy to help you arrange coverage.
Monday, April 26
- Air Force ROTC awards ceremony, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Student Center Auditorium. Annual presentation of awards, decorations and ribbons to cadets.
Tuesday, April 27
- Martial Arts Festival, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Free Forum area (rain location, Student Center Ballroom B). An Asian Awareness Month event.
Wednesday, April 28
- The Student Center's Gallery Lounge will be renamed the John W. Corker Lounge during a dedication ceremony set for 3 to 5 p.m. Corker was Student Center director for 19 years and he retired in 1995.
Saturday, May 1
- "People's Law School," 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., University Mall, Carbondale. Local attorneys and SIUC law students provide free legal information on a variety of topics. The sessions are in a store across from Gloria Jeans. For more information contact Amy Rose at the SIUC law school at 618/453-8768.
Sunday, May 2
- Third graders from Carbondale's Thomas School perform with the Cavani String Quartet, 3 p.m., Dunn-Richmond Economic Development Center.