December 22, 2003
Complimentary basketball tickets available to members
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Current and new members of the Southern Illinois University Alumni Association may receive two complimentary tickets to an upcoming Saluki basketball game and enjoy a chili luncheon prior to the game.
The SIUC basketball Salukis play host to Indiana State on Sunday, Jan. 25. Tickets for the 2:05 p.m. game are available at the Alumni Association offices and any one of 24 businesses and banks throughout Southern Illinois.
Alumni members may attend a luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the SIU Arena's South concourse. The menu includes chili, salad, soda and dessert and the cost is $5 per person. Reservation deadline is Jan. 16.
The SIU Alumni Association is sponsoring these member appreciation activities. The Jackson County Alumni Chapter and Student Alumni Council will assist in hosting the events.
Non-members may still receive free game tickets by joining the Alumni Association up until January 24. Annual dues are $40; lifetime memberships are $500. Life installment plans are available.
Tickets and membership information are available at the SIU Alumni Association offices on the second floor of Colyer Hall and the SIUC Student Center. Tickets and membership services are also available at several locations throughout Southern Illinois including:
- Anna: Anna State Bank, 100 E. Vienna;
- Benton: US Bank, 701 Public Square;
- Cairo: First National Bank, 800 Washington Ave.;
- Carbondale: Old National Bank, 509 S. University; SIU Credit Union, 1217 W. Main and 395 N. Giant City Road; The Bank of Carbondale, 216 E. Main; Union Planters Bank, 500 W. Main and 601 E. Main;
- Carterville: State and Savings Bank, 1001 S. Division;
- Chester: Victor Drugs, 2323 Old Plank Road;
- Cobden: US Bank, 120 S. Front;
- Du Quoin: Emling and Hoffman, CPA, 105 E. Main;
- Harrisburg: Community National Bank, 502 N. Commercial;
- Herrin: Herrin Security Bank, 114 W. Monroe;
- Marion: US Bank, 116 N. Carbon; Illinois State Regional Office, 2309 W. Main;
- Metropolis: Community National Bank, 522 Market;
- Mt. Vernon: Bank of America, Main and Ninth;
- Murphysboro: Union Planters Bank, 1301 Walnut;
- Nashville: Emling and Hoffman, CPA, 252 S. Mill;
- Olmsted: First State Bank, 185 N. Front;
- Pinckneyville: Country Insurance and Financial Services, 605 S. Main;
- West Frankfort: First Bank, 605 W. Main.