February 05, 2015
W.E.L.L. workshops scheduled
Women Excelling in Leadership and Learning (W.E.L.L.) workshops are set.
The event includes free yoga sessions from 4:30 to 5:15 p.m., followed by individual workshops from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Both the yoga sessions and workshops are in the Student Center’s Kaskaskia/Missouri rooms.
The calendar, with speaker, where available, is:
- Wednesday, Feb. 11 -- “Real Girl: Women Beyond Stereotypes of Good/Bad.” Melinda L. Yeomans, coordinator, Women’s Resource Center (WRC).
- Feb. 18 -- “#ConsentIsTheNewSexy.” WRC student leaders.
- Feb. 25 -- “Peace and Serenity: Extended Yoga and Meditation,” 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Savannah McCord, WRC student leader.
- March 4 -- “Love, Sex and other Drugs: Open Discussion,” Ashley Shields, Wellness Center and WRC student leaders.
- March 18 – “The Heroine’s Journey and Great Women of History,” Melinda L. Yeomans, coordinator, WRC.
- March 25 – “The History of Body Image & Beauty: Turning the Tide,” Abigail Bilderback, staff psychologist, Counseling Center, and Julie Keys, professional psychology intern, Counseling Center.